INFORMATION ABOUT PROBLEM
- Pigeons are the most common type of pest bird in North America to India cause a variety of problems at all kinds of buildings, from airports to manufacturing facilities to power plants and the rooftops of stores, offices, and homes. Because pigeon droppings contain uric acid, which is highly corrosive, pigeons can cause a great deal of damage in a short amount of time. Feral pigeons are responsible for untold millions of dollars of damage each year in urban areas. Here are a few of the other most common pigeon roosting problems (and reasons why people need effective pigeon deterrents):
- Pigeons (and pigeon waste) can hurt the image of a business or commercial enterprise as they leave a bad impression Collected debris from roosting pigeon flocks can cause water damage by blocking up gutters and drains.
- Roosting pigeons often cause extensive damage to air conditioning units and other rooftop machinery Droppings create hazardous surfaces that lead to slip and fall liability.
Bacteria, fungal agents, and ectoparasites found in pigeon droppings can pose a health risk.
- Tell us about your pigeon problem and we’ll point you to the solutions you need.
Because pigeon prevention can be easier than pigeon removal, we at TERMITERA always recommend the proactive use of deterrent products that will cause these birds to roost elsewhere, so their homing instinct isn’t bringing them back to your property!
The most effective approaches to pigeon control and prevention include:
- Exclusion Netting
- Electric Shock
- Spikes, Optical Gel, Coil
- Pigeon Reproductive Control
- Audio, Visual, and Taste Deterrents
While bird netting will protect your properties from unwanted birds, the effects won’t last forever. For long-term protection, choose a liquid bird repellent.TERMITERA offers a full range of SERVICE OFFERINGS that provide immediate and long-lasting results.